Following on yesterday’s advice to Celebrate Failure, I’m pleased to share Tim Minchin’s 9 Life Lessons address to his alma mater, the University of Western Australia. But first, a quick review of the greatest philosophers who led me to Tim’s supremacy.
It all started with Allan Sherman‘s song in 1963, Hello Muddah, Hello Fadduh (aka the Camp Granada Song). From there I graduated to Dr. Demento and Weird Al Yankovic. And while I also love Bo Burnham, Tim Minchin is truly the best when it comes to musical comedy delivering a life philosophy worth singing about.
So, if you’re still with me, here are Tim Minchin’s 9 Life Lessons:
- You don’t have to have a dream
- Don’t seek happiness
- Remember, it’s all luck
- Exercise (you can’t be Kant)
- Be hard on your opinion
- Be a teacher
- Define yourself by what you love (not what you’re against)
- Respect people with less power than you
- Don’t rush (it all ends with death so take your time and enjoy the ride)
Listen to Tim’s 11-minute university address video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9AXbWGoIZk via MotivationArk’s YouTube channel.
Yes, I’m a fanboy! 🙂