“Humane Society International, (HSI), is a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting animal welfare. It addresses animal cruelty, including inhumane practices and conditions affecting companion and farm animals, illegal animal trade, animal slaughter, and use of animals in research and product testing.
Humane Society Anniversary Day, celebrated on November 22 every year, signifies the establishment of Humane Society International, the world’s largest animal protection organization. Did you know that every year, Humane Society International saves hundreds of animals from cruelty cases? Humane Society International strives to promote the human-animal bond, protect and rescue animals, and more across the world.” https://nationaltoday.com/humane-society-anniversary-day/
Why care about non-human animals?
- “Violence against animals has been linked to a higher likelihood of criminal violence and domestic abuse. So, violence against animals must be stopped.
- According to statistics, one animal is abused every minute in the world.
- Annually, over 10 million animals in the U.S. die as a result of abuse.
- The U.S. has over 10, 000 known puppy mills.
- Despite the fact that most animals are fully capable of surviving in the wild or in cities on their own, they are subjected to a great deal of cruelty and abuse. We can be their voice.
One thing we can take home from the Humane Society Anniversary is that not only humans but all creatures are created equal. We need to treat all animals with compassion and love.” https://nationaltoday.com/humane-society-anniversary-day/
Today’s senryu: Happy Anniversary HSI
together we accomplish
more than one can do